Degrees and Orders
under the jurisdiction of AMD Canada
A] Administration Degrees:
These are given under the direction of the Sovereign Master of each Council and in accordance with the Constitution and Regulations of the Order.
- St. Lawrence the Martyr. This is the Initiation Degree and the one used for business meetings.
- Installed Master of St. Lawrence. This ritual is used for Installation of Officers.
B] Optional Degrees:
Until recently, the first two degrees were required to be performed: the next five were optional.
- Knight of Constantinople
- Grand Tyler of Solomon
- Excellent Master
- Masters of Tyre
- Grand Architect
C] Royal Order of the Red Branch Of Eri:
These degrees are given under the direction of the Enlightened Knight Commander. The Knight Degree is performed at the Annual Assembly of the Order or by the D.D.G.M. in each District. While there are rituals connected to the other appellations, they are rarely performed.
- Man At Arms: (M.A.A.) – included with AMD membership.
- Esquire Degree: (ESQ.) – included with AMD membership.
- Knight: (Kt.) any AMD Brother may take this degree. It is a necessary qualification for Sovereign Master.
- Knight Commander: (K.C.) any Knight who has been a Sovereign Master for one full term. Necessary qualification for D.D.G.M..
- Knight Grand Cross: (KGC) any Knight Commander who has been elected to Grand Council.
- Supreme Grand Cross: (SGC) any Knight Grand Cross who has been installed as Sovereign Grand Master of the Order.
D] The Masonic Order of the Bath and
E] Ye Antient Order of Corks:
are Special Councils which exemplify purely fun degrees. These degrees are conferred exclusively at the Annual Assembly of the AMD of Canada.
Here it is in visual form. amd-canada-degree-chart